Key focus areas for Research and Development are:
- Building awareness about the impact of the Criminal Justice System on offenders, prisoners, their families and communities;
- Research that improves service delivery for clients;
- Collaboration with policy makers to develop a whole of government response;
- Fostering working relationships with police, courts and the correctional system;
- Working with diverse communities to develop partnerships and inclusive work practices;
- Developing innovative programs and projects within the criminal justice system and in the community.
To achieve this, VACRO works in partnership with a range of related organisations to submit submissions to Government. We are a partner organisation with Smart Justice (http://www.smartjustice.org.au/); participate as an industry partner in a range of ARC Linkage Grants;(see http://www.cjrc.monash.org/ and work collaboratively with independent researchers on targeted publications.
VACRO has the capacity to supervise students undertaking Masters Internships or placements during the later years of their course of study.